Technology
0

Artificial Intelligence in Case Management: Benefits and Precautions

BY SANDRA ZAWALSKI, MSN, RN, CRRN, CCM, ABDA, MSCC In recent years, artificial intelligence (AI) technology has made significant inroads in healthcare, and its impact on case management has been particularly notable. Case management is a critical aspect of healthcare, with the goal of being a patient advocate and ensuring…

Association News
0

CMSA Continues to Focus on EPIC Goals

Now in its third year of execution, the CMSA Strategic Plan, known as EPIC, has provided a beam of light for the association. With a clear pathway for success, CMSA is focused on improving professional growth opportunities for CMSA members and all case managers across the healthcare continuum. This EPIC…

International Case Management
0

Linking on LinkedIn: Connecting with Case Managers Around the World

BY COLLEEN MORLEY-GRABOWSKI, DNP, RN, CCM, CMAC, CMCN, ACM-RN, FCM
I am a LinkedIn aficionado. I love connecting with people and connecting people, and LinkedIn has increased my ability to do so exponentially. When CMSA first started discussing the creation of the International Special Interest Group (ISIG), I utilized LinkedIn to purposefully connect with case managers around the world and learn about how they work and impact their populations.

International Case Management
0

Case Manager for International Patients: Challenges and Rewards

BY MARY MCLAUGHLIN DAVIS, DNP, ACNS-BC, NEA-BC
Case managers are expert communicators and understand this is a skill essential to meet the CMSA Standards of Practice and effectively help patients navigate a complex health system (CMSA, 2022). They may meet their patients in person either in the acute or ambulatory care setting. Other case managers practice remotely and establish a relationship with patients via telephone or using other telecommunication tools. These skills honed over time, study and practice provide the basics of practice for case managers.

International Case Management
0

The Switched-on Case Manager

BY CAROL GARNER, RN, CCMSA
South Africa is a country on the tip of the African continent with a population of 60 million and a land mass the size of Texas. The healthcare structure is a combination of state-based care where every resident has access to basic healthcare; this involves long queues and waiting times, limited drugs and resources for 85% of the population. The remaining 15% is funded through private medical insurance or privately funded with access to first-world medical care equivalent to the best the world has to offer.

President's Message
0

Case Management Around the World!

BY JANET COULTER, MSN, MS, RN, CCM, FCM
International case management – how exciting! CMSA has created an International Special Interest Group (ISIG) linking CMSA with case management societies around the world. The ISIG provides a supportive environment for professional growth and the exchange of ideas in a global case management landscape.

Association News
0

CMSA Members Engage

With the first quarter of 2024 behind us, Case Management Society of America (CMSA) members have been busy engaging with many valuable opportunities to expand their skill sets, making an impact on Capitol Hill, earning continuing education credits, boosting their resumes and learning from and supporting their case management peers.

Communication
0

Do You Understand What Was Said?

BY SANDRA ZAWALSKI, MSN, RN, CRRN, CCM, ABDA, MSCC
I sometimes wonder why patients are readmitted with the same diagnosis. Is it because they don’t follow the prescribed treatment plan, which can occur for a variety of reasons? Or did they not understand the discharge instructions?

Technology
0

Telecommuting (Working From Home)

BY DONALD T. DECARLO AND ROGER THOMPSON
Technological developments beginning in the 20th century have had a dramatic impact on the workplace. The COVID-19 pandemic has prompted a further dramatic shift as many employees transitioned to working from home or from locations apart from the traditional office.

1 2 3 35