Setting the Standard for Patient-Centered Care
Are You Ready to Celebrate National Case Management Week?
It is our most favorite time of the year — National Case Management Week is October 9-15, 2022. It’s a time to celebrate YOU, and honor and reward case managers for setting the standard for patient-centered care for our communities across the country. Case managers have stepped up in new and innovative ways to improve health outcomes, and while CMSA celebrates case managers all year long, we cannot wait to have a designated week to show our appreciation!
CM Week 2022 is the perfect opportunity to not only recognize our tireless case managers and their commitment to upholding the standards, but to also educate payers, providers, regulators and consumers about the tremendous value case managers bring to the successful delivery of healthcare. Getting everyone involved in this celebration is imperative to expanding the awareness of the value of case management.
It’s time to get ready and make plans:
- Check out the activities and education offered by your local Chapter and CMSA National.
- Follow the CM Week Facebook page for timely announcements and connections.
- Visit the CMSA Spirit Store for your CM Week Swag!
- Download the CM Week Celebration & Promotion Guide for even more ideas.
As a CMSA Chapter:
- Encourage your mayor, county executive or governor to issue a local proclamation for National Case Management Week.
- Share CM Week posts on social media and promote awareness locally.
As an individual:
- Tell 10 other professionals you are a case manager and why your work is important.
- Offer to speak about case management at a local community event.
- Write letters or emails to your local news outlets to let them know about CM Week – share your personal story for impact.
As an employer:
- Host an appreciation event for case managers.
- Profile case managers in a company e-Newsletter to raise awareness of the practice.
- Proclaim CM Week at your company and promote a new activity each day.
- Encourage local businesses to participate and celebrate with you.
As a health provider:
- Recognize case managers as members of the healthcare team and educate them on communicating effectively with you.
- Show your appreciation for what they do for your patients.
As a community member:
- Promote case managers by sponsoring health fairs, conducting preventive health screenings in underserved areas or organizing other services in your community.
- Host a celebration or reception to recognize a case manager in your community.
- Host professional seminars and workshops for health professionals in your community.
- Feature case managers and their work in your public forums and communication outlets.
Be sure to let CMSA know how you are celebrating so we can share the good news with the case management community.
CM Week is time to celebrate YOU to honor the challenging work and perseverance we see every day. CMSA National and chapters have big plans in store not only for CM Week, but for the entire month of October. Be sure to check the CMSA website at www.cmsa.org or watch your email and the CMSA social media platforms for updates on events and celebrations happening in your area!